living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

camp camp camp

I love camp. I'm hanging out at Mt. Hermon's Redwood Camp this week, speaking to junior highers. Are you kidding me? My job is to HANG OUT all day with wild and crazy 13 year olds, and then talk to them for 25 minutes a day about Jesus. I can't believe this is my JOB. I can't believe that in less than 6 weeks this is going to be my full time JOB up in WA.

Highlights:

*I got 8 hours of sleep last night.
*I've ziplined twice. Mmm.
*a camper named Rex made me a green scarf that looks like a boa. I'm stoked.
*I am turning pro at dodgeball. Who knew?
*the staff is amazing. they are lovable.
*the kids have my summer drink of choice memorized: iced grande coconut Americano with room, although apparently I say "room" like "rum", and some of them thought that's why I was having so much fun with the microphone in my hand. Hmm.
*We're talking all about CHOICES...choosing to believe, to understand, to forgive, to love (amidst persecution) and to act on what you know/believe, and it's good times. It's working.

Okay, it's beach day in 10 minutes, so I need to go get ready. Continued prayers, if you pray...thanks!

And ps: a shout out to my little brother Brandon and his fiance Melissa who are getting married in Vegas in 48 short hours! Go Brandon! Go Melissa! Go Aleah and Cara who are the flower girls! :)

2 comments:

Gibbytron said...

CARA! I'm so stoked you are having fun down there in the "bowells of Mount Hermon"! Can't wait to see that verde scarf soon! Prayers are commencing...

abfiresong said...

Good morning, Sunshine. And you ARE sunshine to me! I loved reading your blog--it's so CARAish--but have to tell you Aaron put it on MY FAVORITES when he was home last week, so I was ahead of the game! Your comments relating to the Willy Wonka movie were so insightful and I think you ought to use it when you talk at camp(s).
See you soon! long-distance hug