living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

a cockroach and a wedding


Not that the two go together, but here's a recap of the past 48 hours:

*Friday night I said good-bye to life at the Oak...at the start of my talk that night, I look up to the back row and see two of the staffers violently swatting the air, pointing near my feet. Indeed, a cockroach the size of a small country had landed on Bree's chest and was now resting at my feet. With hoards (all 23 of them...) of bug-excited junior highers crowding 'round the creature, we picked him (her?) up on my bible and dumped him in the bushes. Nothing like a good ole cockroach to start off the night. :)

*I just got back from a 24 hour and 45 minute jaunt up to Portland for Mindy and Jonathan's wedding. It was fabulous, chill, endearing, special, sunny, croquet-y and rad meeting all the people in her life that I've heard about for ages but haven't ever really been around. Mindy and I have a different-duck kind of friendship: we met 9 years ago while on work crew at Malibu and didn't really start becoming good friends until our freshman year of college when we discovered email...then she started getting free phone calls as a campus operator...then we discovered night-time minutes on Sprint! With that said, we've never lived in the same place, but she is a soul sister. Love her. Love Jonathan. Love team Haidle.

*This is the last week of Scotts Valley, CA 95066! I speak at Frontier Ranch tonite through Friday night, then on Saturday it's to WA we go! love to all!

3 comments:

Thegoodz said...

Miss Mac,
It was good to hang last wednesday morning and dabble in materialism at the patagonia outlet sale, then muse over coffee about how God works in the funky messy world of camping ministry. The book you lent me is fabulous. I hope to catch you late thursday night..
Scotty

Tania0110 said...

hi there! i recently signed up here and i think this site is really cool and fun-- you get to meet a lot of people..you got nice posts too..good..i have also made my own blogs, hope you 'll take a glance at my blogs..leave me a comment or anything..good or bad,i would appreciate it.

Smarshie said...

Cara friend, I can't believe it is your last week in 95066. You will be dearly missed. But I know God has A-M-A-Z-I-N-G things in store for you up in Washington. I can't wait to hear about your adventures up there.