living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

john-squared


It's not everyday that in a girl's life she gets offered 6 free tickets to a John Fogerty and John Mellencamp concert...
it's not everyday that she gets to hang out with five new Washington friends: the roomies - Jen, Shannon and Amy - Vander and Ryan (okay fine, minus the Baum, whom I've loved since I scared her day 1 at PLU...)...
it's not everyday that we get to sing along to Creedance Clearwater hits while doing motions like we're live at a Young Life club...
it's not everyday that we get to ride in Vander's hoopty-fun minivan and watch his pro "it's okay...I back up ambulances" skills into a spot fit for a miniCOOP...
it's not everyday that we get to watch Fogerty do the old man dance and Mellencamp gyrate his pelvis while he yanks his pants up every 25 seconds...
it's not everyday that we get to hang out at the BEST OF in Auburn, WA...I mean, don't get me wrong, Auburn is slowly becoming my turf, but the White River Amphitheater was one to remember....
finally, it's not everyday that you get to sniff the air and then simultaneously hear "the coug," aka: Mellencamp say, "what's that smell? Ammonia? No that's more than ammonia, that's anmonia and chicken shit. I know that smell - I used to live on a farm. Couldn't they have waited a couple of days?" Oh Coug...

Indeed, it was a night to remember, so thanks anonymous Annie for the free hook-ups...though I don't think it was the point, I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while. :)

1 comments:

Thegoodz said...

what are you doing with the ponderosa lodge summer 2005 camp nurse?? Random! Vander is one of a kind, and he's our male nurse that surfs...Don't try and steal him.
I never put two and two together that you were moving to Vander's hometown. Money$
Sg