living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

i am blessed

Let me paint a picture for you: Dirty Dancing is currently playing on TV. Holly Ann is sitting to my left on the comfiest couch in America. I am still crazy for Swayze. This morning I woke up to the text message ringer with a most fabulous Bubblemint text...without fully understanding the WHY of the whole situation, as I lay there in bed, I started thinking about who the text was from, and it got my heart all giddy in an I AM BLESSED sort of way. Immediately recent pictures of BLESSINGS started popping into mind...immediately I started hearing Ben Harper's "I am blessed..." over and over again in my mind.

Later, Holly and I went to church at Illuminate, where Danny works. Though late from a coffee run and a lost episode in Kirkland, our attention was soon grabbed by Mike, the pastor of Illuminate. First he asked the epic question, "who's calling the shots in your life?" It made me think. "Prudence, wisdom and comfort all say that YOU call the shots..." So, where are you? Where am I? Later on, in talking through Genesis, he spoke of chapter 12 with Abraham when he is told that he will be made into a blessing to others... Yet "no blessing is so great that I can't find something to complain about." (Again, from Mike).

What a day of hearing Jesus speak to my heart, right where it needed to be spoken to...it wasn't until sipping a vanilla tea at Zoka's with Amanda and Holly that the I AM BLESSED morning came together. Wow. What a picture of His glimpses of grace towards just a little me. So, to follow: part of Harper's song and a couple of those pictures of blessings to my heart.

I am blessed
I am blessed
I am blessed
I am blessed
I am blessed
I am blessed
I am blessed to be a witness

So much sorrow and pain
Still I will not live in vain
Like good questions never asked
Is wisdom wasted on the past
Only by the grace of God go I

An I AM BLESSED picture of grace through the years (Josh and Aaron).









An I AM BLESSED picture of Hannah Grace's world in Greece.

1 comments:

Dan said...

Say hello to Mike at Illuminate for me next time you are there. I spoke at that church a few months ago at a conference and hung out with Mike. He seemed like a fine yong man....