living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

mi casa es su casa

All right...so some of you have been asking to see what WELCOME TO SUBURBIA looks like....so here's my little basement-apartment, complete with the virtual tour. :)

First: the living room...otherwise known as the dining room, too. Thanks to those stellar individuals who basically hooked this room up; you know who you are and I love you! So there's also a TV...who knew!?...which Jake Miller (Josh's brother) hooked up to cable yesterday.


Then we have the start of domestication: help me, God. But indeed....there's a mini-sink and a mini-dish drying rack and a fabulous calendar courtesy of Salty and a beachy "I love SC" painting.


And here we have the other end of the kitchen counter, complete with my single-stove burner (ie: hot plate) where I make, cook and distribute meth. Kidding...give hugs, not drugs! As well, we've got some hot flowers from Christy, who lives upstairs, and then some cute pics in the background.

Wow! What a huge kitchen! Here we have the fridge-turned-wall-of-people-I-love, and the "music room." And I cleaned out the Henry Weinhardt's rootbeer and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale boxes and forgot them on the floor. I feel like it's creative artwork...either that, or a tribute to Fletch and Zig. :)

And here we have the piano in action last night: Josh P. and me stretching the hammies before some "heart and soul" song action. (He says he's rhythmically challenged, but no way man! We were jammin'...just like the BBC-squared...good times...:)

Bedroom: really, it's just one big room from the living room.... Please note the bedstand in the middle. Guess who put that together?! Yes! Miss Nail, Hammer, Phillips, Flat Head and other such handy toolbox items herself, me! I must give mad props to Aaron and Josh who yesterday put up the IKEA shelf, though... (And yes, you can see that I don't have a box spring yet, so I kindof sleep in a crib...I do sleep, though...I loved the air mattress, but thrive in a big girl bed!). :)

And here's that shelf that Aaron and Josh put up: they said I wouldn't hit my head on it, but when I'm having national "wear your bridesmaid shoes so you can break them in for this Saturday" day, I do hit it. I did hit it. Present tense. I'm alive though. :)

Finally, the last pic of your tour: THE MILLERS! Love them! This is the famous Josh and Brenda, of Team Miller from Woodinville, WA. Last night they came down with Aaron and Jake from up north, and then Josh, Jessica, and Josiah and Belle came up from the south. It was another glimpse of heaven seeing my worlds collide. Best part of the evening? Teaching Washington TELEPHONE PICTIONARY! I LOVE that game. Love it. Lovette.

7 comments:

Mike said...

And I cleaned out the Henry Weinhardt's rootbeer and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale boxes and forgot them on the floor. I feel like it's creative artwork...either that, or a tribute to Fletch and Zig. :)


i don't get it?

wait, i do...

no...

yep there it is...

nope...

Gibbytron said...

this reeks of awesomeness... :)

Smarshie said...

Cara, thanks for the tour. Your place looks SO great!! Lovette.

Dones said...

Cara, you're awesome.

caramac said...

fletchie...come take pictures for me. great pics on your recent site.
bennett- thanks for the good smell vibe.
marshie- i lovette too
dp- all rightie. thanks. :)

james said...

Dude...those photos kind of remind me of the FR staff house! :) Just kidding.

)(( hannah mello ))( said...

cara! YEY!!! photos! with amazing captions! ahhh! thank you. so wonderful. :) love ALL of the photos. especially with you and people in them. :) much much much love, my friend.