living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

word up...from the sunshine!

I'm in LA right now...Simi Valley, CA to be specific...in about an hour and 20 minutes I'll start the girly "fluff and shine" time for the wedding this afternoon at 5. In the meantime, I'm going to walk down to my favorite coffee shop EVER - Coffee, Bean and Tea Leaf - for some morning love and Jesus time and time with Anne Lamott's book, Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith. Love Anne Lamott. Lots. Yesterday Re (the bride) and I had good times just running errand after errand, including one to the BEACH! Wahoooooooooooooo - warm sand...cold, beautiful ocean water....sunshine...all I wanted to do, and all I did, was lay on the beach in the sun, in this idyllic waves-crashing-in-the-background interspursed with guitar-playings and convos from all the east coasters out here for the big day. Then we had more girl-bonding time getting manicures and pedicures....and then we had the rehearsal dinner at this BEAUTIFUL home up in the hills. Among the highlights: Tom's friend Dave wrote a song for Re and Tom, which he sang at the beach yesterday. He knew I was singing at the wedding, so he asked me if I knew how to harmonize...I said sure....so we snuck outside and created some cool little rifts with the vocal chords, and then sang and played for everyone. My secret rockstar-self was complete for a night. :) (And all of you getting amped out there, thinking this turned quickly into true-love-always, it was true-he's-already-engaged-always time). Last night I headed back to Bruce and Alyssa's house and we watched SNL's The Best of Molly Shannon. I forgot how many good lines I've stolen from her characters...love the Molly Shannon. Okay, off to the 'bean. c.

0 comments: