living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

chia teeth


You know it's a good cold when you wake up in the morning, face down on the bed, with your mouth wide open and a pool of drool all around. Your ears crackle and pop as they adjust to the first sounds of morning; you touch your nose and it's just CRUSTY and snot-filled all at the same time. Finally, after a few minutes of indecisive "should I just call in sick today?" thoughts, headache-in-tote, you walk to the bathroom...you look in the mirror, and appalled at your own sicky-bacteria filled breath, try to smile at yourself in that half-sleepy, half dear-god-I'm-scary-in-the-morning sort of way. Upon adjusting the eyes to that morning smile you look at your cavity-free teeth...you are appalled to see that they've apparently grown a little bit of red fuzz on them. That's right...what color are your sheets? Red. Sick. Indeed - I know it's a good cold when I get chia teeth.
Hope you liked the visual. :)

So I'm a little icky-sicky right now, much like the rest of the world, I'm sure. But in a weird sort of way, I'm glad for a cold every now and then because it forces me to stop...and relax...and sit...and a little bit of pity is good every once in awhile. :)

I've been housesitting at a mansion for the past week, and well, LOVING it. It's been good having random peeps over for dinner and fun sleepovers with Young Life girls and the like. This morning I went out there and laid in front of the fire place and had Jesus time; unfortunately, I haven't seen one of the cats since yesterday, so let's just hope that the next time I post I'm not minus a housesitting cat still. Don't think that would go over so well with this fam...

Okay, I've still got chia teeth on my mind - it's a good sign that it's time to go.
chia hugs- cara:)

6 comments:

Smarshie said...

I'm sorry you are sick, Cara friend. But heck, nothing like being sick in a MANSION!!!! Rock it, girl!!

Love you, S

Mike said...

chia teeth... now that is sexy

aleahmac said...

so not that i can talk, since i tell people at any chance i get about the nastiness of bodily fluids and smells and needles and etc etc at any possible chance, but still, EWWWWWWWWWWW.
hahah. but i know the feeling, rewind, not quite living up the chia funky teeth, but i got the wonderful sinus hell cold right now to... its greeeat when your patients ask you if your ok......
anyway have a gorgeous day with your flemmy fun... smile;)!(wait you have..make sure you brush your teeth priior to smiling huge this time><>)
...ciaoooo...aleah

Brenda Joy said...

That is the strangest mental image I have had in quite awhile... Thanks Cara ;-)

caramac said...

dear friends: indeed, marshie there's nothing like being sick in a mansion. I'll take that anytime. Fletchie, I do what I can. Sis, we fight the colds together, worlds apart. Brenda, I'll continue to paint excellent visuals for you, my friend. PS: I found the cat!

millhowz said...

Top 10 Best Things About Having Chia Teeth

10) It’s like having a pet with you all the time

9) No need to go to the store for antibiotics! You can grow a pharmacy in your mouth.

8) Great outreach to Junior High Boys! I mean who brushes their teeth anyways?

7) It’s a national trend… braces – out, retainers – out, fur coats for your mouth – in!

6)
Nintendo is thinking of adding it to their line of virtual pet games… Nintendogs: Morning Breath

5) When traveling the English treat you like a local

4) Bush gave you a tax break after declaring your mouth a protected green belt

3) The color of your teeth change each season

2) The dentist it too busy swearing to ask you stupid questions

1) Walmart called and wants to start stocking their shelves with Macdonalds Chia Teeth!