living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

sometimes I like to remember

It was a weekend of goodness...it was a weekend of pure smiles...it was a weekend of really stupid one liners at times (like, "sometimes I like to remember"...do I NOT like to remember and choose to forget sometimes? well, I suppose. maybe that's a bad example). Bianca Jane "Schitt" as they called her in Cannon Beach on Wednesday, was here from Santa Cruz...I loved showing her my world, showing off the WA peeps, and then eating meals and drinking coffee and laughing and BEing and dancing and -MAN!- it was GOOD. Can I even condense the top moments?

*time with JC at fun coffee shops: we love Bella's and Zoka's...

*phone calls with Danny and Charlie in preparation for Friday night fun - oh the incoherent laughter! (those poor boys). I'd still like the stilettos.

*Friday night: the Pink Door for dinner...for the love of proper toasting! I so wish the man on the flying trapeze would have been there! Oh the Disney favorites-songs we could have sang! And like the mechanical bull, he's for reals!

*Friday night: hot smocholates at the chocolate place. It brought me back to "heidi's hot chocolate" in Gimmelwald, Switzerland with Lola. We'd sit there with Petra and Waltie and just dream of staying there forever, climbing the Swiss Alps in our leiderhosen. Take me back to the paradise city where the Alps are hot and the owners are pretty?

*Friday night: Chopsticks, the dueling piano bar place. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! So much fun!!! When a song came on that was even remotely danceable, Bianca and I broke it out. Katie joined in for a few favorites, and I really think I saw Danny and Charlie shaking a toosh or two as well.

*Friday night: watching the TEAM GEELS wedding DVD. Again. Apparently I'm obsessed with Jerry and Carrie, but for good reason.

*Saturday am: the Blue Star Cafe! Barbara Ann, my favorite new waitress pulled out the punnies within the first two minutes by giving me enough room in my coffee to instead make the drink "do you want a bit of coffee with your cream?" if you know what I mean. Oh Barbara Ann.

*Saturday am: just being with my peeps: B, D-lund, Charlie and Ian (charlie's friend from HOTlanta). I'm just a big fan of them all. Smiles.

*Zoka's debriefing. No comment.

*finishing LIFE OF PI: what a great book! Read it! and answer this question: would you rather....be on a carnivorous man-eating algae-filled island for one week with the prospect of looming death (or possible -???- survival) OR be stuck on a rowboat for nine months in the middle of the Pacific and just eat raw turtle meat once every three days for a meal? I think I'd take my fill of algae.

*Man, this is getting long....

*Dinner with superstars TEAM MILLER (!) last night! We had Mexican fiesta. I actually cooked...Josh and Brenda were rockstars, as usual. I love just BEing with them. It was rad having oldie Josh Taylor there as well and Patrick and his two pharmacy school buddies, Paul and Kevin.

*Finally: sleeping in this morning. Praise the frickin' Lord. Glory glory. Love the sleep in.

I must package up the remaining christmas presents. Yes, I'm a little behind. This week I'll really start getting back into the swing of life up here...the kids have tomorrow off, so sadly times at MBMS won't start up until Thursday again, but it's good just having down time as well... Answer the would you rather.... Blessings, c:)

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

Check out the niffty "Cooking Cara" pictures on our blog! What yummy tastiness the fiesta was! Thank you Cara! :-)

Gina said...

I'll take the man-eating algae-filled island any day. At least I wouldn't be sea sick! Glad to read a new entry girlie.

Anonymous said...

First of all...wish I could've been there for all of it.

Second of all...No Comment...pretty sure I know what that's all about...maybe we should have our own debriefing session.

Third of all...I'm so glad you've read Life of Pi...now we can have good book club discussions.

Mel