living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

when in doubt, bring on the c.e.

Today I went to the principal's office. I'd had an appointment scheduled with Mt Baker's principal for awhile now, and the time had finally come. She munched on her teriyaki lunch, and I apparently was dreaming of my lunch to come, so out I busted with a full-on explanation of the previous night's meal. Amanda and Jess had come over for dinner...I actually cooked...the chicken enchiladas were just delectable and delightful. And it didn't even have that much cream in it! Yeah, my stomach felt GREAT afterwards! They were just chock full of tomatoes and vegetables so it really didn't do a work to my stomach. WHAT THE ----chicken enchiladas?! I think right after the explanation of my slight lactose-sensitive stomach I realized that I was proclaiming to the principal my digestive track problems. At about that same moment, I looked at her teriyaki, glanced at my planner and realized that the meeting really did have a point other than chicken enchiladas.

So is this what grown-ups do? They just sit in meetings and talk about recipes? Have I turned into such the Betty Crocker that every conversation must begin with a successful, non-stomach threatening introduction? What has happened to me?! In sadness I sign off..... :)

4 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

You can thank your new found Betty Crocker'ness on your MFCB. ;-)

Gibbytron said...

so you don't consider yourself a grown-up? heck, I don't... :)

caramac said...

Brenda, I owe it all to you.
Bennett, I'm still half and half, I'd say. :) I'm hodling on for dear life. :)

Anonymous said...

Cara Mac, You bring so much laughter and joy to my life! This email reminds me of how much you make me laugh. Girl, you are hilarious! Keep it real, AHA