living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

21 days in the life of....

So I'm probably more excited to post many of these pictures than you all are to see them....but if a picture's worth a thousand words, here's the month of Marzo so far....



(Okay, so this was the end of February, but it's close...). Josh's 27th birthday. Here are a few of my favorite things about Joshy: 1. Brenda. 2. that we've known each other for 13 years! 3. that he eats my food. 4. that he helps me bid on hot cowboy boots on Ebay. 5. that he has a fabulous, ginormous dog named Zeke.



Angela came to visit! Angela, dear friend from Santa Cruz....full of fashion-savvy advice and good heart to hearts and grown-up drinks to try. Among our favorites: finding the troll, and getting discount treatments at the Aveda training salon!





The chocolate factory! Even if I have to wear a hair net, god bless the free samples....





Our first Wyldlife club! You can see the FEAR FACTOR-factor on the faces of some of these kids. What a fabulous night!



Round-up! Young Life areas across the country throw annual fundraising dinners every year; last Thursday we had our ROUND-UP event. It was intense, stressful, exhausting, but AMAZING all at the same time. We were reminded WHY we do what we do, and that financially, money is necessary in order for kids to ultimately meet Christ in this ministry. Pictured here is my dear buddy Anna.



Mark and green beer! My good buddy from PLU and Frontier Ranch and other similar career paths, Mark/Polo was in town for the night, so we celebrated St. Patty's Day in style with a green beer at the RAM. (And YAY for Mark's new girlfriend!!! So stoked for him!).








Finally, yesterday I celebrated my birthday! I'll continue to pull out the celebration card until the day I die, I do believe.... Sunday night, a group of the Seattle and east side peeps went out to BUCA DI BEPPO'S for dinner. My worlds collided. I loved it. (And the arm wrestling: the waiter had Kate, the b-day girl in the table over, and I, arm wrestle to see who'd win dessert for her table! I SORELY lost. Sorely). Last night, my Campaigner girls took me out to the Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks, and MELTED my little Young Life leader heart (pictured: YL girl Megan). Then I met up with some more grown-up friends at the Ram (again) for one last celebration cider (Jessimoo, Jess and Amanda, Melissa, Josh, Joe and Mikaela). Good times.

There it is. 21 days in the life of _____________________.

6 comments:

Gibbytron said...

Indeed, pics are priceless... I like your specs, BTW!

Smarshie said...

Cara friend! Your hair is getting L-O-N-G....I dig it.

Gina said...

Your face is so expressive! I love the smiles. How do you look good even when you're arm wrestling someone for dessert? Very impressive!

caramac said...

I HEART NEW SPECS.
My hair is long, and I'm still learning how to use a diffuser....hence the "bigness".
I'm expressive? It's the drama queen in me. And the excitement in arm wrestling? I couldn't believe how quickly I lost.... :)

Jenn said...

Cara,
Oh how I love that your life has so much excitment. I am living vicariously through you!

)(( hannah mello ))( said...

your hair is so long! i love it! so red and curly and lovely!

i'm bummed i missed your birthday though.

such good photos. fun fun!