living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oh Tahoe:)

I'm sitting in my cousin's living room in Reno, Nevada, having just spent the past 48 hours at the Mtn. Lodge in Tahoe. Season 10 of Friends is playing in the background. The fake fireplace was just flicked to the "on" position. Leaving on Monday was as stressful as they come, but now, nearing the end of the day, before flying back tonite, I am rested...relaxed...and ready to RUN. I loved CS Lewis' words today: "Remember one is given strength to bear what happens to one, but not the 100 and 1 different things that might happen." So again, I stop the whining and complaining of my busyness (and of what HASN'T happened...), and choose to be stoked about the days to come.

The Mtn. Lodge: mmm. It's amazing. It's a Young Life adventure-discipleship camp in the middle of the Tahoe mountains; only 50-60 kids come a week, so the staff is pretty small as well. 6 interns...6 summer staff...and 3 of us on the assignment team! Within hours, though, I felt HOME. I felt MYSELF. I felt at PEACE. And I felt SO excited and AMPED about what's to come July 2-28. As well, the team just seemed like a FAMILY: Christie, our camp manager, is an area director down in San Francisco, and she's just rad. About a head taller than me, she was disgusted to find that gummy worms are made from elephant toenails. But it's still her favorite snack. Then there's Nobie, our head leader: Nobie's 65 and a kick in the pants. "Norbert," as I'm attempting to call him, just makes you want to slow down and BREATHE in life, yet I know he's going to kick my butt on the biking trails this summer.

Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked.

Yesterday I realized that my "lesson learned" this past week was in regards to ETERNITY. I finally finished up book 7 of the Chronicles of Narnia, and I couldn't help but think about how much MORE beautiful, MORE glorious, MORE majestic life is going to be in the "new" Narnia, er...heaven. Yesterday we went snowshoeing through some back country; the trees were as green as they come; the sky was as blue as the bluest blue in the Crayola box, and the sun was so WARM against my skin, I tingled with happiness. And as beautiful as that picture in my mind was yesterday, how much MORE beautiful it's going to be in heaven. Simultaneously, our theme for the summer is following Jesus for LIFE...how can I be teaching kids and leaders what it means to look at the eternal and RUN towards it? Our time here on earth is so insignificant in the long run, yet we seem to pour all time and energy into it.

I am refreshingly excited about life, and I think that's the way it's supposed to be.

0 comments: