living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Friday, April 14, 2006

win a lollipop....read on!


Once upon a time I went to a Mariner's game, ate pretzels and cheese and got to hear insights on the game from buddy Crystal. She's a smart one. And she's got an amazing story. It was a delight just BEING. While taking her home, I got to drive on this great curve...much to my own delight, I asked her if she ever liked pretending to be a racecar driver. (Okay, not the smartest thing a Young Life leader can ask, but it's one of my secret selves). "Ummmm...no," she replied. "And I drive a minivan." Apparently Raul the Jetta is a bit more racecar-savvy than her friend the Voyager.

My friend Derek just started a blog, and he's REALLY good at updating it: The Olson Fam.

Shawn (my boss) and Anna just had a baby! YAY for little Moriah Anne, who's now been in this world for two and a half weeks. And 6 bonus points if you know where the name Moriah comes from....I'll send you a lollipop in the mail too!

My sister Aleah's been traveling the continents...God bless Africa.

Due to moving out in a couple of weeks now, this month is officially "lay low" month; already I've read/finished three books: The Divine Conquest (Tozer), A Severe Mercy (???), and book 6 of the Chronicles of Narnia! One more of the Lewis set and I'm good to go! I'm trying to not buy any new books and simply get through the books already on my shelf...we'll see how long this lasts, so recommendations are always welcome! New to-be roommate Gracie is really cool; her older sister Gaylynn and I were on work crew 10 years ago, so it's fun thinking about the connections that have transpired over the years. We'll be moving in together in the beginning of May...

This weekend I head up to Seattle to celebrate Easter, hang out with friends and my Seattle "family," and sing at church. On Monday night I fly down to Reno/Tahoe for summer assignment team training; basically, our team of YL staff who will all be at the Mtn. Lodge this summer, get together to plan/pray/be together...I hear there's still 15 feet of snow. Oh boy. Jenn/Aqua, you going to be around?

Much love to all. Win a lollipop. Email me your snail-mail address if you didn't receive the last YL update, and want to get that in the mail next week. Blessings, c.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOUNT MORIAH, of course! Isn't that where God gave Moses the 10 Suggestions (oops, I mean Commandments)?
I hope you're going to see my boy this weekend. If so, give him hugs from his mama.
I'm having lunch with a sweetie named Noelie today.
love ya

Smarshie said...

Is Moriah from Peter Pan? "Wendy Moira Angela Darling".

Gina said...

Congrats on the new place! The packing involved in moving is never fun, but I love changing environments! It's good for the soul, don't you think? Can't wait to hear details about your new digs.