living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Friday, May 12, 2006

the question is....

Do I attempt to run the half marathon on Sunday morning at 7:30....or NOT?!

Last weekend I was down in Walnut Creek, CA for Brian and Mary's wedding...what a blessing to be part of each other's LIVES. I loved our BEET bridesmaid dresses and catching up with students from last year's Mexico mission trip. I loved fun-with-MAC-eyeshadows and going into the city with our matching "Team Gleason" t-shirts for the bachelorette party. I loved the new friends, and I loved seeing the oldies who are dear to my heart: Jenn and Chris, Jamelyn and Aunt Kathy...

So with that, I rolled into Mill Pond Loop at 5:30 pm, and moved 1/2 an hour later. By the next morning I was feeling the ache. The sickness. The soar throat-runny nose-fever...so you can rest medicine? So with a fog cloud quickly closing in on my head, after Danny helped me with the last of the big items, we both grabbed a couch and took naps...and I never got up. Two movies later (The Wedding Date and Mr. and Mrs. Smith), I officially had Kleenex stuffed up my nose and was resorting to text messaging on the Zach Morris since my voice didn't work.

I know I'm supposed to rest but sometimes life just takes you by the hold and won't let go.

And the moral of the story is that I haven't run in a week, and the race is less than 48 hours away. So. Do I run. To run or not to run...that is the question... Your thoughts?

4 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

1/2 marathons come and go.

Stay home. Rest. Get better!!!!!

Smarshie said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, Cara!

If you were to not run, can you get reimbursed or get your money put toward a different 1/2 marathon?

caramac said...

Drum roll, please..........it's a sinus infection. The DR said absolutely not on the run tomorrow AM......someday.

Gibbytron said...

Don't do it! Then again, you're talking to somebody who only runs when I'm actually running FROM something... :)