living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

help me obie wan, you're my only hope

This is where I wish I had my own creative planning team to help me in working on my talks this summer....so here's the question, friends: what movies, songs, pictures and photos (or anything else you can think of) depict the theme of THE WAY? THE TRUTH? and THE LIFE? It can be anything from Cinderella to Braveheart...but do tell the movie and its specific clip. (And these are all separate talks, so think of the three themes individually moreso than collectively).

Help, help, help...

PS: I'm looking out the window right now, and the past two cars at the coffee shop stop sign have been the classic MINIVANS driven by high school students...I LOVE the days of driving the minivan. No matter how cool you try to make slingin' the arm over the Voyager steering wheel look, I just don't think the two go together... Love it.

4 comments:

Mike said...

man it is like on the tip of my tongue... it was like contraversial...

sounds like fashionable hiest...

i think that had some good exaples

why do you have to use movies and music? what is wrong with the old (biblical) method of "tell them what you are gonna tell them" "tell them" then "tell them what you told them" + emotional plea to come forward and commit (again) their lives to buddy jesus?

good luck at the oak this year (presuming that is where you are talking)

Jenn said...

Oh dear friend...I am missing you...you need to come see my new residence!!!

I am thinking...and will let you know...

Dan said...

Feed them all dozens of Starburst candy. Force feed them, if they stop at any less than 22 Starbursts each. Have them spin in circles very fast afterwards and playing Kid Rock songs loudly on the stereo for about 25 to 35 minutes with no breaks. Then sit them all down on comfortable pillows and have them watch both Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Right before you send them to bed, read the Bible verse to them three times in a row. They will remember it forever.

Thegoodz said...

Cara,
Here are my thought on The Way, The Truth, and The life:
I'm reading a book right now called The strangest way, by robert baron, its got some great thoughts on how christianity was originally only known as "the way"

ITs late, that's all i have..

Scotty G