living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

it's every paragraph ends in an elipsis day...

So. Life. Yesterday the sun was out in all its northwest pride - as Danny would say with a thick and juicy Scottish accent, GLORY GLORY!! Oh sun, how I've missed thee...let me count thy ways. I even put my quasi-bikini on, and bearing my stomach to the world, laid out on the balcony for some quality time with JC. (((of course I still haven't figured out how to react to today's weather given the rainstorms that inevitably came...)))

These people make me feel like a million bucks...

96 middle school friends from around the Auburn area came to our end of the year/kick off to summer and to camp Wyldlife pool party on Friday night...I was reminded that no matter how much one plans, sometimes you have to plan for those plans not to plan - or pan - out. It was a kick in the pants getting to give the talk at 11:38 that night. Sometimes Jesus dares us to step both outside of the boat AND inside the boat as well...

Saturday night community came to Auburn; dear friends Heidi and Gaylynn, and then roommie Gracie and I made a night of it just playing catch up and BEING in our little apartment. I just think the ebb and flow of friendships is a beautiful deal...

Earlier that night my friend Moriah Anne was baptized by her daddy. As well, community was key and it happened...

Some 19 and 20 year old friends are hanging out at our kitchen table right now, munching on tortilla chips and peach salsa; I forgot what a big deal partying is at that age...

Last night community came via Young Life and a ferry boat ride to Anderson Island. This amazing couple, Mikaela and Joe, live and do ministry out there. I loved and appreciated seeing the personal, family-oriented side to these friends...and has anyone played the game MAD GAB?! It's a game of words - so, all Scrabble and Boggle and Balderdash lovers, I feel like you would like this one...

Today I chaperoned a trip of my high school friends to the ZOO and the tide pools down in Tacoma. I love that that got to be my job today...then we celebrated our last HOMEWORK CLUB of the year at Mt. Baker this afternoon, complete with rootbeer floats! It's amazing to see the friendships that truly have formed with those buddies over the course of the year...

Finally, tonite I was up in Seattle for a meeting at Fuller, where I'm starting grad school. I like and appreciate their stance on faith, on women, on ministry and on research papers...how excited am I to practice my mad MLA and APA citation skills?! After that, I had a pretty epic sushi dinner with some pretty epic friends. Again, I have to wonder what's really important in life: community? a job? sunshine?...

Finally, northwest friends: emergent author/speaker Brian McLaren is speaking in Portland on Friday night...anyone up for a road trip down to hear him speak? Dot dot dot...

0 comments: