living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

just a little random thought...

I don't think that Jane Austen ever intended her well-famed and acclaimed Pride and Prejudice be turned into a musical...the song, "No Life, Without Wife" from BRIDE and Prejudice (the Indian version) is playing in the background. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry, and upon seeing the jazz hands, I'm wondering if I once looked that cheesey in my high school musicals... Grease. Little Shop of Horrors. Brigadoon (mmm, no jazz hands). Yup, I think I did. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Pride and Prejudice. . .and oddly enough really like the Bollywood version that you talk of here. I think it's hilarious but still romantic and another good depiction of the overall wonderful storyline that Austen wrote. My fave part of the movie you're watching it the part where they're walking on the beach and a gospel choir suddenly appears and the lifeguards are running down from their lifehouse station and surfers are swaying back and forth as the waves crash against them, classic. . .well, sort of.

caramac said...

dear anonymous: okay, seriously, that was the BEST, most hilarious part of the entire movie. I was DYING. Honestly, I did like the storyline's similarities, but I couldn't help but DIE at the cheese whenever the musical portion started up. DYING with the lifeguards - I even rewound it for my roommate.

Smarshie said...

My favorite part of B&P is when Wickam just sort of RISES from the ocean. Where the heck did that guy come from?!?! It cracks me up every time.

Gibbytron said...

For some reason I am envisioning the "Happy Hands Club" from Naploeon fame right now. I am officially weird. :)