living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

back to life, back to reality

Tomorrow AM I start the trek back up to the northwest, with a stop at Team Gleason's along the way. The past five weeks - at Young Life's Mtn. Lodge, and then at Mt. Hermon's Redwood camp and in Santa Cruz in general - have reminded me much about my heart. Today I sat for a little while in the sunshine at Skypark and just reflected...and dreamed...and wondered...and was thankful all at the same time. I don't really know how to process all that's happened, and I think that's a good thing... I do know that a key theme has been RESTORATION to and of the soul, and it's beautiful beginning to see glimpses of that truth. In the mean time, starting Wednesday it's a little bit of the 80's action of BACK TO LIFE, BACK TO REALITY. Next Wednesday, the 15th, we take our middle school friends from Auburn, WA to Wildhorse Canyon. Friends from Mt. Baker are going to hear about Jesus for the first time, in the midst of a CRAZY and WILD five days.

Yes. That's it. But it's good finding the portals of the heart.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Thank you for reading tonight!! Oh, I am bummed we have not met up - as you know today was crazy with the wedding and three worship gatherings and the class last week. I SO much want to hear how thing are going there!!!

Dan

millhowz said...

Can't wait to sit down and catch up! Drive safely!