living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Monday, August 21, 2006

a few little pics...

Well, if you haven't figured it out, my camera is slightly-MIA...I say "slightly" because I know where it is (in the trunk of Lizzy's car), but seeing as she's on a world tour of Young Life's Malibu and Wildhorse Canyon, I won't be getting it any time soon. In the mean time, I thought I'd show some of you some pics of JULY...yes, July, as in a month ago. If you recall, I spent the month in Tahoe at the Mtn. Lodge speaking to our high school friends in an adventure-discipleship setting. It was incredible, and here follows some pics I stole from Christie for you to catch the viz from...

Every Tuesday we climbed CASTLE PEAK which boasted almost a 3000 foot elevation gain in 3 miles. Pictured here is the "ass team" as intern Chris called us, or the ASSIGNMENT team as Jesus more lovingly refers to us as. Christie is an area director in San Fran, and Nobie's been on staff with YL for 38 (!!!) years, and is retiring next month. this was also Nobie's last climb...

Every Friday I'd put on make-up and quasi-clean clothes, and we'd have THANKSGIVING DINNER!!! That's right, bring on the stuffing, the turkey, the mashed potatoes and gravy...the evening always reminded me that my eyes are NOT bigger than my stomach! Pictured here is Christie again, my BFF(FTW) of the summer...I can't give away the "ftw" part of the equation, but if you guess it I'll send you a kite in the mail. Yes. A kite. (Second pic is our Saturday evening out in Squaw Valley...it's so different in the summer!).

This is Chris. And me. Chris was an intern at the Lodge all summer, and boasted such feats as hating me for the amount of mail I received, while also then ALWAYS putting a smile on anyone's face. Chris is going to be a junior at Notre Dame, so he also falls into my "very smart friends" category. Here we are apparently skiing or acting like penguins...I'm really not sure.

And here we have the celebratory daily doings of Mike Wilkes and his high shorts. Mike is one of those guys who doesn't TRY to be funny, but in not trying to do so, he vicariously puts a smile on everyone's face. I can't tell you how many serious conversations I'd be in the middle of in which I'd then have to divert my eyes 180 degrees the other direction as to not be distracted by Mike's high rolling shorts. So here you have it - Mike "high pants superstar" Wilkes...

Thank you again for your continued prayers on this adventure of a LIFE. Three of my girls accepted jesus into their hearts this past week at Wildhorse, and it reminded me WHY I do what I do... So thank you. Peace. c:)

1 comments:

Gibbytron said...

gotta love the ass team...