living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

5 years ago...

5 years ago...

I was in my first week of teaching at Monte Vista Christian School.

I was trying to fake my way through teaching Hamlet (which I hadn't read...the only book I didn't read and tried to teach - yes, true confessions) to my seniors.

The juniors were less than interested in Arthur Miller's The Crucible.

And here, 148 juniors and seniors and their 22 year old teacher (who tried to spread rumors that she was actually 26...), were trying to sift through the morning's events.

We prayed that morning - something I hadn't planned on doing, even in a Christian school classroom.

We dropped the lessons that day.

And forever it'll remain engrained in each one of our minds where we were on that tragic morning. As morning passed and turned into afternoon, I remember going home and just staring at the television until it was bedtime, watching raw and returning footage of the day's events.

It's the Kennedy assination of our generation - we'll always remember where we were, what we were doing, and how every "important" plan of that day ended ill in comparison to the bigger picture.

0 comments: