living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

a sad day in this neighborhood...

I knew it was bound to happen someday...

I knew I'd have to get a new winner for "I've never..."

I knew I wouldn't be a part of the CLEAN TEETH OF AMERICA CLUB forever.

And it happened yesterday: MFC. My first cavity. Oh the pain! The drama! What's a girl to do?!! Here I am, at age 27.5 (can we please bring back the half ages? "I'm not 7....I'm 7 and a HALF..."), and I've successfully just said no to cavities. But on Tuesday I'll walk the gauntlet of shame as I receive my first filling.

I'd even told the dentist the day before at our YL golf tourney that he had NOTHING to worry about because I was cavity-free...PRIDE! It's been our downfall since the beginning of time...but maybe there's a conspiracy in it all. MAYBE I don't really have a cavity, and Dr. Matsen just wanted to take a stab at my teethy pride. I'm beginning to see the truth in it all...

But I'm still buying the flouride and heading into the bathroom right now to floss...

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

LOL, eh, no big deal. They fill them white now-a-days. No one will ever know your mouth is no longer flawless :-)

Mike said...

i don't have caveties either.

how do i do it?

i don't go to the dentist.

they are evil.

millions of years of evolution and only in the last century do we need a dentist? come on. i put those guys up there with healers, snake handlers, chiropractors, and plastic surgeons - and well, doctors in general.

Clay Bethelbridge said...

I am very sorry about your cavity. that stinx. I might have had some. You have an excellent blog full of many interesting things. I will come back and say hey IF I am welcome ;)