living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

REACH.......


I used to be in this drug-free club in middle school called REACH: Responsible Educated Adolescents Can Help! (We were always sure to include the exclamation point). Our highlight of the year involved taking a field trip up to Portland for a drug-free march around the city. We walked around the city chanting our acronym and its power while encouraging our newfound homeless friends to just say no to drugs. The day ended at down at the waterfront where our keynote speaker and drug-free peer, RUDY from The Cosby Show, exhorted us to keep up the clean lifestyle; then she soared off in a hot-air balloon, while all of us reached out our little REACH hands for her.

I kid you not. Rudy in a hot air balloon.

But that's not why I wrote this post; I am now Cara, a REAWCBTCOAP: Responsible Educated Adult Who Can Barely Take Care Of A Puppy. I don't want to say that Mr. Darcy is kicking my butt, but man, can't a girl get 8 hours of sleep in a row? I said I wanted and needed to be "needed," and yup, he's need-a-ble... As I told my friend Anna, some people get married, some people have kids, and whelp, some people get a dog! And all three of those things teach responsibility to say the least...and three days into it, truly, I'm loving the little bugger.

Tonite we had a party: a tea party with Mr. Darcy! For those of you who aren't familar with his name, go and read or rent PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. Not only will you understand the psyche of a woman, but you'll have a greater appreciation for my buddy and his effeminate name. One of these days I'll send him over for some manly boy football-watching time, but in the mean time, we'll settle for tea parties.

Crumpet anyone?

2 comments:

Thegoodz said...

beautiful little pup.
We need to catch up, phone call maybe?

Mike said...

i like how you name your phone and car these random names but your dog gets a phat literary name.

hey i miss you. are you gonna be around for holly and my joint bday party?

yes you are.

ok
great
see
you then.