living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

the uploading of the camera presents....

God bless Macs. The computers, not my family....though we are one to be blessed, I suppose. :) I kept holding off on uploading my pics from the camera to the computer, having not fished for the installation software. Who knew that you don't even NEED that software to connect the two? So, though a bit tardy, here are a bunch of pics from the past couple of months...

At a YL staff retreat in Poulsbo, a continued theme of (my) being WHOLE in Him came to me...






Dear buddy Pam, from Illuminate, has become a feeder to my soul. She's one of those people who gives with every ounce of her being simply because it's who she is and not because she has to be...


This is a picture of Katie, also from Illuminate, at Mr. Darcy's TEA PARTY here at the casa...Katie and I are excited for future puppy play dates when she gets a pup of her own.












Sometimes Mr. Darcy gets all tired out and becomes a little snuggle bug. Please note the "sometimes" of that sentence.












And then sometimes it's time for Mr. Darcy to say his evening prayers! Can I get an AMEN, Mr. D?







Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the FALL CUPCAKE FESTIVAL with cupcake-lover, Aaron, from Illuminate. Once upon a time I told him that my favorite part of New York City was the cupcake shops! In disbelief, he just about renounced our friendship because I chose cupcakes over the nightlife or renowned steakhouses. Well, the history behind Saturday's adventure made the day even better. God bless cupcakes.


Aleah (my sister!) was in town last week! Here we are on our way to the Ray Lamontagne concert at the Paramount...wow.



Have you ever bought a pumpkin Odwalla at your local Safeway, taken it to your car, started driving, had your sister shake it and then leave the lid sitting lightly on top, all for you to NOT realize the "lid lightly on top" part of the sentence, grab the drink two minutes later, shake it profusely, and then proceed to have PUMPKIN PROTEIN SHAKE all over the inside of your car? Well, I have...






And, then, upon pulling over at the gas station to clean up the Odwalla juice, have you ever gotten out of your car only to find your right rear tire completely flat? Have you then filled it up with air, driven to the naval base, gone to your sister's appointment with her, and then come back to find the tire flat again? Has that ever led you to have the Navy boys fix your flat? Note to self: Learn to change a flat tire!






Ahh, there's nothing like a mashed potato sculpture contest at Wyldlife to celebrate Thanksgiving club!






that's it friends...thanks for tuning in for all the picture updates!

2 comments:

Smarshie said...

Cara! I love all your pictures...especially Mr. Darcy. Could he be cuter?!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures....esp. the one with the pumpkin protein shake...shaken, not stirred. Once again, a pic is worth a 1000...etc. Good weekend...loved your company and Mr. Frui..., I mean Darcy. You go, Girl! Run, Baby, Run! Muddah