living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Monday, November 27, 2006

yesterday...

I ran 13.1 miles....MFHM. My first half marathon. I was excited to actually LIKE running that far, and felt great up until about mile 10 when I realized that hurt was setting in... The best part was looking down at my shirt, and thinking to myself, man, did a bird crap on me? Am I all of the sudden sprouting dandruff? Nope. It was snowing...and just like the mail must go through, as my old Sesame Street tunes sang, we kept running through rain and snow and fabulous Seattle weather.

Sometimes we have to be proud of ourselves, and right now, I smile knowing that I did something I never thought I could or would do...and am actually excited about another (SUNNY!) one in the future.

Peace out! chm.

6 comments:

james said...

Nice work Cara Mac!! I applaud you on your run. :) Any interest in running the Boston Marathon with me this April?

Anonymous said...

CHM,
Way to go! I'm so proud of you friend! Right now, I'm working up to running the BIG 7.41 miles with you on December 17. ;-) Love you girl,
AHA

hollyannfail said...

WOW!! YEAY!!! my friend, big congrats!! so proud of you!! you GO, you big running stud, you!! :)

ps your pics of mr. d are SO dang cute!!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!

Thegoodz said...

Congrats on MFHM. You're a stud

kristin said...

well done lady!! i miss you very much... its weird, i just miss the cara... well not weird, it makes total sense. you are amazing! you comin back down here for a visit anytime soon?