living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

sicky sickerson

man. sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for: in wishing for a restful weekend of finishing up my talks for winter woodleaf, instead I got a bit more than bargained for...

*fevers, chills and an achy body

*a voice that is MIA, and a cough that shoots out "fun"

*four movies: The Office (a classic), The Devil Wears Prada (sometimes I like the fashion-savvy side of life, and this movie was cute), You, Me and Dupree (lame), and The City of God (yes...though I should watch it again upon being a bit more lucid).

*two books finished: Christianity 101 for follow-up to my January theology class, and then The Power of Being a Woman, my book club book with Crystal-friend...eh. okay. she's a little too opinionated/no room for disagreement for me.

*a realization of to-go lunch from Friday still in the trunk of my car...

*a cooped-up Mr. darcy who desperately needs a walk...

*I've also devised a tier system for being sick:
~tier 1: on the couch, staring into space, and/or sleeping :: Dead
~tier 2: cognizant enough to watch lame daytime television :: ehh.
~tier 3: slightly awake to possibly pop in and enjoy a movie :: slightly lucid
~tier 4: able to open, and/or make the fingers function on email, myspace, etc
~tier 5: maybe even able to sit up (!!!), and read a book :: now I feel slightly accomplished
~tier 6: able to work on my talks for this weekend :: aka: THE BRAIN IS FULLY FUNCTIONING. not there yet. sad face.

*As you can see, there's been plenty of thinking time - now whether or not it's information actually helpful to this world, wellllllll, we'll let that one go, but I've been off and on functioning between tiers 1-5...hoping to make it to 6 today. :)

*Props to roommate grace who's been buying me drugs (though not in a brazilian City of God sort of way:).

2 comments:

Smarshie said...

Sad! I hope you feel better soon, friend.

kristin said...

i love the tiers of sick! so creative, you cutie pie-- love love it!!

i myself never stay in tier 1-2 too long, but when you dont, you are tempted to work too much and then you never get better... damn the cycle!!

miss you lady!! we'll talk soon