living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Monday, February 26, 2007

cara the high schooler

Today my friend Amalea called me. She was telling me about a conversation with her four-year-old Peyton; Peyton wondered why sometimes there were bubbles in the fountain at the bottom of their subdivision, and sometimes there weren't.

"Well," Amalea said, "sometimes high school kids like to have fun and put bubbles in the fountain."

Peyton thought for a minute about all the high school kids he knew: "You mean like Cara?!"

ha ha ha ha ha.

I was dying.

Amalea and I may be the same age, but to a four year old, because I don't have little friends called children or a big friend-like man named husband trotting around, I am more so a high schooler.

This gives me a whole new perspective on not getting carded anymore.....

0 comments: