living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

class this week...

Do all paths lead to God?
is Jesus really the way, the truth and the life?
is God a person?
can God then be mother as well as father?
why are christians so intolerant?
what is God's view on homosexuality...
divorce...abortion...evolution and creation...and other such matters the Church seems to take as utter importance.
can I have somewhat of a pluralist mindset...
an exclusivist mindset...
and an inclusive mindset...
without fully embracing all aspects of pluralism, exclusivism, and inclusivism?
How does this relate to a postmodern world we now find ourselves living in? How does this relate to ministry?

And do...I....really...love...Jesus. Is God's love for me - and not even for me, but for each one of us - IS THAT ENOUGH?! Is God's love for humanity alone credible? And can that then "win out" any - ANY! - apologetics' argument.

I'm taking a four-day intensive class called Relational Apologetics this week down at Multnomah Bible College (shout-out, Dan the pastor man!). Dr. Paul Metzger is the prof...and with his three TA's, he's bringing it home. And, as evidenced, the class has been pretty intense just by the subject matter...

So, two days down, two to go...the crazy month of February is almost over. YAY. blessings, chm.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Relational Apologetics sounds like the methodology of worming your way out of stupid comment with your girlfriend. Sounds like a head-spin of a class. Hope you enjoy it, though.

E&K said...

Wow! At least you aren't trying to tackle all of the hardest questions at once : ) Sheesh! Are you still coming to visit? We need to get that finalized. I would love to chat about what you've learned when you are here!

Ky

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, Kujo. I was just brushing up on my view of inclusivist and pluralist theology. Just kidding, I was editing my roommate's paper for Fuller Seminary.