living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

immediate thoughts on v-day '07

a date: was asked. just said no. (I learned that from Nancy Reagan...God bless that drug-free campaign in the late 80's). because...

it was "celebrate being a woman" night! slightly cheesey? yes. fabulously fun? definitely! Thank God for friends, vino and chocolate and tiramisu, pasta and bread, and of course, the dogs. :)

only annoyance of the evening: upon turning on the radio while driving up to Seattle, what song do I immediately interrupt? "EVERYTHING I DO, I DO IT FOR YOU." I mean, come on - it was a longed for, hoped for thing in the 7th grade :: standing on the sidelines - boys on one side of the gym, girls on the other - to be asked to slow dance at Whiteaker Middle School. But must we still bust that out on Valentine's night?

I suppose it could be that I might just need to find a new radio station, too...

So yay for the newfound love: 710 Kiro, talk radio. It's about as far from Bryan Adams as one can get. :)

love to you and yours on this heart-filled day. :)

3 comments:

hollyannfail said...

my dear friend,
i just read thru your last week or 2 of posts and can i just tell you that you make me LAUGH?? :)

i love you :)

Ryan said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Cara! And seriously, has there ever been anything bad about cheeze? I say no. Now, cheezy things might have other things wrong with them, but their cheeziness is not the issue. So do you have any other pets with Jane Austin names? And speaking of chick lit, I just read Wuthering Heights last year, and it absolutely rocks.

Belleza Family said...

Hey Cara! It's Darcy...I had no idea that you had a dog named, Mr. Darcy...I do so hope that he was NOT named after me! I had no idea that you were in Seattle. We are bloggers now too! Not as exciting as you though. Good to check in with ya.