living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MD loves GL

On Saturday night I was celebrating my friend Josh.....via his birthday! The sushi party had started at 7, and I just *happened* to feel the phone vibrating at 8:45; I pick it up, and it's my old roommate-for-two-months, Shannon, otherwise known as "my shanoni." Shannon is breathless, asking me if I got her message...what message? Nope. And then the news arrives: Mr. Darcy has gotten out...and he's currently running around Green Lake with five women chasing after him. They have him surrounded from the lake up to the street, and already he's jumped into the street a good 5 or 6 times, almost getting hit by the city bus at one point.

"So Cara, what should we do?" she asks. Catch him? Easier said than done.

I attempt to pay for my meal and leave Josh's party early, but it's easier said than done. In the meantime, another one of the (chasing) girls calls back, and asks me to call his name over speaker phone, for maybe THEN he'll come to them. So here I am, walking through Wasabi Bistro, while covertly (?) shouting at the top of my lungs (in a high, sing-song voice, no less), "Mr. Darcy.......Mr. Darcy....here boy! Come here.....here, puppy! Mr. Darcy. Mr. Daaaaaaaaaaarcy...." Yeah, it didn't work.

I leave, and here follows the rest of the text messaging conversation with Josh and Brenda:

Me: He's trapped in the tennis courts...stay tuned. :)

Josh: We're on the edge of our seats...Keep us posted.

Me: It's rather anti-climatic: I called his name and he came and sat at my feet like a smart ass. FYI: the girls had been chasing him since 8:15!

Josh: AH HA HA HA HA HA HA.

And there, an hour later, ends the night.

I love it.

Oh puppy.

4 comments:

Bella said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get MD. That must've been really scary for a while there. What a naughty puppy! But, what a great story it made, huh? Hope you're doing well!!

Anonymous said...

I was reading with trepidation for a bit in regards to our 'granddog'...so glad to hear all is well!!! I especially love the speaker phone bit and can hear you clearly. Muddah

Brenda Joy said...

LOL, caramac, we love ya :-)

Kjersten & Michael said...

Hey Kujo!
How are you?? I stumbled upon your blog through a chain of good ole' FR bloggers! It's been fun to read your blog and catch up on life in Cara's world.
Hope you are doing well!
Flicka (& Rhino)