living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

i have decided....

to follow jesus?

check. No, no, no...I have decided that life's too short to read really lame books. Now there are always exceptions to the rule, but this is what I realized on Friday: if I buy a book on clearance...and it's not a classic and/or a "favorite" recommendation of someone's....AND it's really lame, and I just don't like it, then it goes in the Goodwill pile. (((And otherwise, I chalk it up to "it's just not my time to read it yet", and I try again in a couple of years))). But there are SO many good books to read, so why get stuck reading a lame-o one that you don't like? (Cara's perfectionism then comes out :: what we* start, we must finish).

On another note, this weekend I went down to Oregon and realized the following:

1. I'm not a professional piano accompanist, as much as I'd like to think I am. :) Bethany, forgive me, for I know not how I play...

2. Friends whom you've known for 17 years DON'T come and go, but those treehouse sleepovers you had as kids create fabulous memories when it comes to bridal showers. Congrats, Sarah Signe.

3. Sometimes it puts a smile on your face reuniting with your 8th grade boyfriend at your parents' choir cantata, especially when his name is Ted, and you used to write him notes addressed to "teddy bear," and he then wrote back to "care bear." Ahhh....mouth puke, ugh, ugh.



*me, myself and I :: you know it.

4 comments:

james said...

When you say that you have decided that life's too short to read really lame books, this is exactly the way i feel about Beer and Coffee.

Why drink butt-flavored beer when the good stuff only costs a little more. And life definitely is too short to drink cheap coffee.

and i totally agree with you on the books part also.

Kristin said...

oh, i needed a nice laugh.
teddy bear, care bear, priceless.

Bella said...

I wonder which book inspired the new rule about life being too short? Hope you've been doing well.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Quality over quantity, I say, especially when it comes to terms of endearment...:-D