living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

safe and sound but for....

Yesterday my friend Lizzy, Fitzwilliam (that's Mr. Darcy's first name, FYI...ha ha ha) and I made the trek from Keizer, OR 97303 to San Mateo, CA. It was a lovely drive....my heart felt such peace and giddiness and warmth every inch we moved towards the 94010 zip code. If you recall a post from almost two years ago, upon moving UP to Washington, I feared I caused an accident on the 680 when I lost the front wheel to my beach cruiser. Wellllll, read on for the "but" of this post:

(from an email to my friend Mrs. to-be Lund):

yes....the drive down to CA today was awesome. Lizzy came with me,
and the ipod played loudly and fun-ly and well. :) I did lose a bike
- it was HILARIOUS!!! indeed, my mtn. bike is now ka=put on the side
of the 505 freeway in CA. We were laughing for hours, literally. We
had just re-secured the bike rack 30 seconds before, and all of the
sudden I look in my rearview mirror, and I'm like, OH SHIT! as I see
the bike FLYING off of the bike rack, bouncing onto the ground. So we
then pulled over to the side....reversed.....lizzy got out and started
running towards it...I reversed some more....and then we sat there
staring at the bike, assessing the damage, and decided to leave it
there. :) So hopefully the CHP doesn't track me down.

Apparently we're to check out the Dane Cook video about viewing accidents...everyone wants to be a part of the scene, including us, who couldn't help but go to check out the bike. (((And yes, I did have hopes that it'd be fine, but it was a bit mangled))).

Thanks to all who've welcomed me with kind words and free burritos and chocolate chip pancakes and much, much more.

blessings, chm.

1 comments:

Gibbytron said...

ARE YOU HERE YET???