living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

contemplative cara

November was a great month of BEING. And now, even as I write this, I'm realizing that it's December, so what better a moment than the present to reflect and think and be thankful.

*the 80/20 principle. Dear friends Mindy and Johnny came down from Portland for the weekend a few weeks back; as we sat in this little world-savvy organic restaurant (Chez Shea in Half Moon Bay), we talked about the 80/20 principle. Be it friendships, work relationships and time, personal time - or whatever else, we don't always seem to have our priorities straight. The example was given to list out your top 20 friends (ie: relationships), in order (!), and then look at the top four on that list: that's your top 20%, so why not invest 80% of your time there?

*today MD and a group of buddies traveled up to Fort Funston for some hiking and dog walking/running/ball throwing. The area runs along side the Pacific Ocean - and how heartbreaking it was seeing the effects of the oil spill in the SF Bay. The sand was an ugly, slick black, and though the dogs running ...and sliding... along it could care less, my heart broke and was angered for man's mistake.

*I feel CALLED to this area. And I love it.

*I can't wait to be Miss Mac in the subbing capacity in the coming weeks - just to meet kids!

*Friendships are forming, and I'm learning to be open and vulnerable and not fall into the trap of "higher than thou" ministerial mind positions.

*Reading: Under the Banner of Heaven: a Story of Violent Faith

*Just watched: An Affair to Remember

*Need to invest in: Scrabble pieces. yes. I'd forgotten how much I LOVE - love, love, love - Speed Scrabble/Take Two. As a head leader up at Malibu this summer we invested strong amounts of time into the game... :) And then this past night with buddies Zach and Jill, Erika and Brian, my word-loving heart skipped a beat.

Excited about: road trip 2007 with my sister up to Oregon in a few weeks!

0 comments: