living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

January = the busy YL month

It's a love-hate relationship with Young Life in the month of January, to be totally honest. I LOVE that January is traditionally a "training" month, but I hate that it takes me out of the area, takes me away from the comfort of home, and leaves me Mr. Darcy-less for two plus weeks on end.

I love my little puppy. that's a no brainer.

yet, like a cup of my Bad Ass coconut rum (flavor-flave) coffee that I'll drink in the morning, I'm brewing over the many muddled thoughts running through my mind right now. I've learned a ton. I experienced true life and journey with kids who'd never experienced such a thing as YOUNG LIFE this past weekend....and loved it (both parties, to be sure).

And as I get ready to head to bed, it's interesting because that task-list is long, and I'm ready and excited to tackle it - YET I know that a day of rest - a sabbath, mind you - is imperative. A day of running and walking and playing and resting with Mr. Darcy is essential. A day of not answering emails and not making phone calls and more "asks," and not doing the big and little things is necessary...yet it's hard. So as tomorrow starts in 1 hour and 17 minutes, I think it's interesting that I'm almost worried over what tomorrow holds because there's so much personal empowerment and satisfaction in checking off the list of to-do's.

Yet I know that's not true.

And I know it's not true satisfaction.

But it's almost like I don't know how to stop....

Once you start, you just can't....stop?

0 comments: