living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

miss mac's back

Subby subberson. I wish I could make the title, "substitute teacher" sound cooler than it really is, but alas, I wear the curse. The bottom line is, though, last week I had my first (full) day of subbing at Aragon HS; the goal is that I'd be able to sub once a week or once every couple of weeks to merely meet kids and connect with the school. And it's AWESOME. I loved being back in the role, yet I loved leaving my work there for the day. I loved that because of the small (English!) classes I was in, at the end of the period, I went away knowing 10 more kids from AHS than I had the previous hour. I love that there are teachers and para-educators there who know and love and support YL, and want to see it happen and thrive with their kids.

And I'm reminded that this takes time...

I'm reminded that I don't need to explain or justify myself to anyone there...

And I am humbled that God would use me right where I am, with my gifts (even if it's not in full-time teaching) to reach kids. I am reminded that I'm just supposed to be "me"; I used to beat myself over the fact that I wasn't able to be the "cool" coach who then got to relationally kick sports-butt and build relationships with kids. But there's a reason why I was an education major, and why I taught school for four years; there's a reason why I DO have a heart for kids, even if it doesn't mean that I'm to be or live my life within the confines of the classroom forever.

So that was pretty cool.

Miss Mac - she's back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your heart for Jesus and for kiddos! Go Miss Mac. Hugs from Seattle, AHA