living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

what can I say?

In the last month, I.....

1. finished another Fuller class :: ancient spirituality. eh - although I did like reading/thinking critically about our founding fathers/mothers of the faith. (faves: St. Bernard of Clairvoux, Teresa of Avila).

2. moved (not planned...). new roommates: Jeannie, Ryan, James....



(Jeannie is the second one in here, pictured on a napa march birthdays weekend with the ladies :: mmm, mmm good!)

3. had our first dinner-banquet, CIOPPINO NIGHT! What a fun, fun, community-filled, successful night!



What is cioppino, one might ask? cioppino is italian fish stew, as best can be simply described. as the story is told, the fishermen used to go around the SF wharf, asking people to "chip in" to their broth - we did the same with YL, both eating-wise, and in asking people to "chip-in" to Young Life with their time, hearts and finances!

4. went on vacay :: AZ, year two! I LOVE - love, love, love - turning off my cell phone and not checking email for four days. thank you, copey, for letting us have such a vacation!



5. went to MRF :: my first rodeo! ha HA! This one is just for fun, and not REALLY the reason I haven't written on ol' blogger....besides choosing not to watch the baby cows get mangled, i had a great night! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching those little, browned-eyed babies, wrestled to the ground by twisting their necks 180 degrees, was not one of my faves either at the Pendleton Round-up. Muddah