It seems that the somewhat forgotten 30 before 30 list has popped up onto my radar again in the past month...so with less than 7 months until the next decade hits, here's where we stand:
PS: don't judge a cara by its cover, please.
3. Travel to two countries outside of North America (Italy: August 2007. Thailand: October 2008).
4. Run a half-marathon. (November ’06)
7. Go to a rodeo! (March ’08 with Jamie Keatts at Cow Palace).
8. Get a dog. (October 30, 2006)
11. Go camping/backpacking in Washington. (Lake Janis with Lizzy: July 2007)
12. Speak at a Young Life camp in the Northern Division. (November 2006)
18. Audition/try-out for a reality TV show. (American Idol: September 2006)
19. Make a pie from scratch. (with Jenn Davis, March 16, 2007)
21. Read through THE MESSAGE version of the (OT and NT) Bible.
23. Go wine tasting at a winery. (Testarosa, Los Gatos, CA; Bonny Doon, Santa Cruz, CA, August 2007 with Lizzy).
24. Fly or road trip to a destination concert. (Pink Flamingos, Portland, by Johnny and Mindy, July, 2007).
26. Go ocean kayaking (Elkhorn Slough, summer 2008).
27. Spend the night at a monastery. (November 2006)
29. Become an area director (Mid-Peninsula, September 2007).
30. Go on 3 dates. Check. Tsk tsk tsk. (Hey, at least I took off "get married"!)
LEFT TO COMPLETE:
1. Learn Spanish, either via community college, CD’s or podcasts.
2. Go skydiving and/or bungee jumping.
5. Go to a national park that I haven’t been to yet (Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc).
6. Memorize 100 scripture verses in 100 days.
9. Read five books in five days.
10. Catch up on scrap-booking (so that I’m only a year behind).
13. Get straight A’s in grad school :: so far, so good!
14. Go crabbing and/or deep sea fishing.
15. Start working on book ideas (Annie Dillard/Anne Lamott/Frederick Buechner ::: it’s a little bit of Jesus with laughter, humor and honesty all thrown into one).
16. Play through all the old piano songs to perfection again.
17. Memorize five piano pieces, either chords or sheet music.
20. Brew homemade beer or wine.
22. Read through and see two Shakespearean plays (that I haven’t seen/read before).
25. Learn the THRILLER dance!
28. Get out of credit card debt :: scheduled completion: December 2008!
CAN BE SWITCHED OUT IN THE ABOVE CATEGORY (hey, it's my game, right?)
*read the Apocrapha
*study up on Mythology
*fly on a Hydroplane
*take a hip-hop class
*join a yoga studio
* Get my aerobics instructor certification
Indeed, the original list was written with 30 months until my 30th birthday, so hence why everything's been in the past couple of years. At this point, it's one of those for me that there's this "list" in the back of my mind that I always say I'm going to do, but then don't do anything about...so this was a way to help me do that very thing.
What would be on YOUR list?