living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

3sies

1. just paid off my Chase credit card! Woohoo!! Financial freedom, here we come! It only took me two CC representatives to get through the hoops of them trying to get me to stay on. I think they finally got the picture.

2. today for lunch: a beet quesadilla. This is what happens when cara forgets that there's a trader joe's beet salad in the fridge. With the lettuce now ghandi, what better an option than to create-a-meal. I am brought back to our after school days growing up in which we'd raid the kitchen for any such items that might be good in a milkshake. Peppermint extract, vanilla extract, jello, icecream (hence the "milkshake" part of the equation), bananas, apples, oranges, milk (staple numero dos), cinnamon - the list goes on.

3. death. It's a given, and all we can do sometimes is sit in the middle of it and let it pass by us and through us. I'll be attending two memorial services between Friday and Saturday. I don't like that. Not at all.

1 comments:

jenbaum said...

Congrats on the progress toward financial freedom (or the accomplishment of getting all of the way there)! What a journey it is... I am getting there myself - I hope! :)

Sorry to hear that you will have a difficult weekend ahead. I will keep you in my thoughts!