living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I love...

walking. everywhere. "Nothing brings home the beauty and power of the world that we live in like walking." - Julia Cameron, Walking in this World. Though I just paid off RAUL THE JETTA yesterday (woohoo!), if I could I wouldn't have a car, and Mr. Darcy and I would just walk everywhere.

I do not love...

needing to stock up on quarters to do the laundry since we don't have a washer/dryer. That and parking (!) are my two "bleh's" about living here. So, guess who's WALKING to the laundromat in a few minutes?

I have recently started loving...

GARDENING. in my auntie's yard, that is. There is something about getting your hands dirty with the good of the earth that just feels RIGHT. And weeding (though they seem to pop up as soon as you pick 'em) brings about instant gratification!

And also...SETTLERS OF CATAN! Apparently this means I might be a closet Dungeons and Dragon freak too, but it is SUCH a fun, fun game!

Need something good to support? My friend Angel is heading to Uganda this summer to study the human trafficking, sex slavery, and child soldier situations that currently exist there. Check out her website and help her raise the funds to get there!

Favorite music this week: the Ditty Bops, Dave Barnes and Ben Harper!

that's it. :)

0 comments: