living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

another hard but good

Sometimes I covet sitting in the hard stuff, as icky and sucky as it is. Sometimes I automatically roll my eyes when there's always a positive spin on the end of a hard tale of woe - though I do it myself much of the time...so, as our mantra here with young life in the mid-peninsula has been to be ENCOURAGED by what we do see instead of DISCOURAGED by what we don't see, I choose both...

Hard: learning that the statute of limitations was up on my accident from 2.5 years ago, and that they never received my signed documents this summer, so the case is closed. I'm out $3500 owed to me. Grrr. Jesus, will you grow a tree of 3500 other blessings?

Good: I spoke about Young Life in the ministry spotlight at a church on Sunday, and we had almost 30 responses from folks wanting to get involved on various levels!

Hard: the girl who was going to move into my spot in the house had to back out on Tuesday...when will I get to move into the cute little cottage with Mr. Darcy?

Good: I'll still be moving into this cute little cottage with Mr. Darcy. I'm SO excited to live by myself, to live in this backyard place with Mr. Darcy who will have a HUGE yard and another pup named Scout to play with!

Hard: I'm tired and ready for vacay.

Good: I just had an EXCELLENT vacay last month in St. Simons, Georgia - oh to relax on the beach, to read, to sleep, to laugh, to converse, to eat buttery, greasy southern food...

With my friend Claudia from here in SM who took me to her southern homeland!


With college roommate Mandy who happened to be staying 10 minutes away that same weekend I was there!


Okay. Now I'm done....hard but good: that's life. that's life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey friend! You look so beautiful in the picture with Mandy! You look great girl. hugs, anna