living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

writing. period.

I've started writing again - apparently facebook status updates just aren't cutting it. Rewind to last November: hailed by friends and family as pure insanity, I signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month). 3 days and 4000 words into it, I quickly realized that this dream wasn't going to be accomplished. So here the dream book comprised of a little bit of story time, wit, intelligence, Jesus, nature, love, laughter (Anne Lamott, Annie Dillard and Frederick Buechner all rolled into one) saw its sad demise onto the back burner of my desktop.

But along came Monday. And Monday evening I found myself on a plane, situated next to Carlos the wine distributer and BB the mysterious Silicon Valley clone and author of "Boys Are Stupid."

"Why is that the title of your book?"

"Well, because I have a philosophy: boys are stupid and girls are crazy." BB decided to write a book for his beloved goddaughter upon her coming of age into teenage-dome.

"But how did you ever get it published?"

"Lulu.com. It's a self-publisher."

So there you go, friends and family, inspired by BB, last night's vision of this year's Christmas presents (watch out, Martha - I've got my own handy craft!), I am back on the bandwagon writing again.

Current wordcount: 4,344.

Any bets on how long this current excitement will last?

1 comments:

jenbaum said...

My bet is that this current excitement will come and go and hopefully lend itself to a completed piece when the time is right! I have to say - one of the things I often think about with my stolen computer from spring, is the fact that my NaNoWriMo piece was on it... I was so close to being finished, and it is all gone! :( What's a girl to do???