living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

"roommate"


I'm afraid I'm not always one for originality. As I sat in a meeting today, I just started giggling as I spewed out facts and thoughts and aphorisms and bits of wisdom and realized that NONE of it was my own. So I confess, I'm an unoriginal, plagiarizing, stealer of a, well, creative genius if I do say so myself...which leads us to the main point of this short post: "roommate." The word in itself connotes what two posts ago sought to run far far away from: the 28 previous housemates over the past 12 years of my life. And here my attempts at originality fail me, as I post this picture of a favorite roommate off and on of the past two years, Jeannie Reed. There's a point at which someone moves from a first name to the endearing "roommate" as their name, and Jeannie wears the hat along with other women of glorying fame. But alas, she's roommate of the hour tonite, so this post goes to her. In this pic we celebrated our last night as roomies together by heading to a posh little wine bar in Palo Alto - though I'll miss the everyday interaction with her, we've ironically had better, more intentional and FUN time together as friends-in-separate-houses in the past week. Love you, rooomate!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look classy Cara Mac. Real classy! Nice work girl. Love you, Anna Anderson