living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Monday, May 17, 2010

3 things I kind of secretly wish in my head. by cara.

1. why can't a bride, or even a bridesmaid, walk down the aisle with a big ol' fat BIRDS OF PARADISE flower? I mean, they're confident, they're uniquely beautiful and they scream, "look at me!" - even if they're prone to poking an eye or two out.



2. One more wedding note: I secretly wish for COWGIRL boots, for all the ladies! Actually, I did slightly propose this, and my sister quickly vetoed it. But how rad would that be? And who cares if I have not an inkling of actual cowgirl in me, although I have recently become obsessed with The Pioneer Woman, and am crossing my fingers that perhaps James will take to raising cattle and wild horses one of these days.

3. no such thing as 7 am meetings: oftentimes I give workin' folk the option of a morning, noon or night meeting, after all, I am the one with the flexible schedule. But when they take me up on the 7 am meeting, I mean, really folks! I think the world would be a much happier place if we all slept in everyday until 8 am and began our workday at 10. It's just a proposal. [Side note: because here I am at noon-thirty, having already had four meetings this morning. What is this crazy productivity?]

The list goes on: I secretly wish for a constant caffeine injection, for flexible poses during yoga so that the instructor doesn't have to call me stiff-bones, for a million dollars, for a Subaru Outback, for my very own tropical island named Caramer. The end.

2 comments:

Habbala said...

Hahahaha, I am so sorry to have taken you up on your 7am meeting offer. It was so great, I am just super sleepy now!! From now on, we'll stick to normal hours. :-P

-Bri

Sarah said...

I do get up every morning at 8am. I start work at 10:30am and I own and drive a Subaru Outback! Guess I'm living the good life!