living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Monday, June 07, 2010

is it illegal....

to save money on return address labels, with the following pre-emptive strike?



(except, FYI, it didn't exactly say "Mr. and Mrs. Robert Smith"...

Heh heh heh.

Here's my thought: we didn't buy the super fancy-dancy invitations that come with an embossed return address label, so one had to be purchased. We're for the most part paying for the wedding, so it had to come from us...and given my cheap Scottish roots, I justified an early "Mr. and Mrs. James Meredith" stamp.

We really didn't get hitched at city hall.

And I could have added an "established 8.21.10," but that would have cost at least $2 more! So, reduce, reuse, recycle, we have justifiably arrived at the answer.

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Uh, I'm completely with you...weddings last a day, the memories for a lifetime, but I think when it comes down to it, we're all hoping the bill doesn't as well:) Here's to beautiful yet thrifty weddings!

Anonymous said...

Wise woman!! Plus, for me it took a bit of time to get accustomed to be called "Mrs. Mac".....that was, for many moons, referencing my dear mother-in-law.