Sunday, September 05, 2010
James and I have successfully been married for 15 days now. Whew! Here then are 15 things I've learned thus far:
1. When rearranging every cupboard and drawer in (his) house, be sure to tell him where you've organized said things.
2. Remember where you organized such said items, so maybe tie a little string around your finger or something.
3. He will always be cold when he sleeps; you will always be sauna-hot. Sleep in a tank top and don't worry if he steals the covers because you'll still be sweating bullets.
4. Even if you - naturally - wake up before him, he will always get out of bed before you. You like to lay in bed, awake, he likes to spring out of bed, chirping.
5. Just because you're lying in bed awake doesn't mean you want to be alert to the outside world.
6. You'll compromise. A lot. We went out to dinner with a couple from the prayer breakfast (February) who's been married almost 40 years. Dave and Marty's one word of advice? Compromise.
7. For every one picture you take, he'll take 30.
8. For every five books you read, he'll read 1.5. And this isn't a bad thing, he just chews slower, and you digest quickly. (Honeymoon books read: Bittersweet, The Blue Parakeet, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Saving Fish From Drowning and Change of Heart. Currently finishing The Girl Who Play With Fire).
9. This also applies to food. No matter what, you'll finish your meal before him every time.
10. it annoys James when you don't break the label of the wine bottle before opening. You think, why waste time?
11. It annoys you when James doesn't smoosh every item in your kitchen into the dishwasher in order to be more energy-efficicent and green when using the appliance.
12. Say I love you - and mean it - a lot.
13. He wears more sunblock than I do. And he's black. And I'm not. Hmmm.
14. As long as you introduce the word "practical" into your sentence, he'll buy it. This especially works for clothes. Mwah ah ah ah.
15. I really - really, really, really, really - am loving life together.