living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

today's 10

1. the orange is over - and it's about time, because the green and red has arrived!

2. JOY and PEACE adorn our living room...but they're ain't a whole lot of other decorations. Will we even get a tree this year? That is the question.

3. This morning I made some yummy honey butter to go with some yummy homemade biscuits...but decided to use vegan "buttery sticks" in place of the real butter. NEVER DO THAT. I repeat never, ever use a buttery stick if you have to. Ick. Bleh. Yuck. Don't do it!

4. We celebrated Thanksgiving with a gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free friend, hence the leftover buttery sticks. Again, eat fatty animal-laden real butter as much as you can!

5. Join me in therefore gaining the holiday 15 - or the marriage 15. Oh dear.

6. What are you READING now that's striking your fancy? I've been a book whore, as of late, and I want to know what you're devouring.

7. Yes, I Just said "book" and "whore" together - it's for literary affect.

8. james and I will be putting our fondue pot to use in our first annual 70's fondue christmas party. Wear 70's green and red! eat fondue! see above marriage-15 pounds!

9. we have discovered the brisbane dog park and it is just lovely. mr. darcy has a new best friend name ruckus who lives a couple doors down; ruckus is about the side of my stomach, but plays ball quite well.

10. life is good. life is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved your post! vegan butter sounds terrible. vegan cookies are also terrible in comparison. don't eat them! the beautiful thing about those "marriage 15" is that they love you anyway. :) love you my friend! xoxo, naystray

Sarah said...

I had a similar experience once with vegan cheese and nachos. Like you said, "Don't do it!"

Jessica Bristol said...

i just read the guernsey literary and potato peel pie society and loved it. read the help recently, too. and first comes love, then comes malaria, also quite good now i'm onto the great gatsby as i never had to suffer through it in high school and never took a lit class in english (only spanish) in college.
what are you reading?

Smarshie said...

Have I mentioned how bummed I am that I can't go to your fondue par-tay?

P.S. I love your new blog layout!