living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

a dialogue, some haikus and a hot hubs

I'm having a "did I finally get the flu?"/can't get up from the couch/stop yer whining kind of couple of days - BUT instead of moanin' and groanin' about it, I thought I'd highlight some things that just put a smile on my face:

This is my buddy, Keisa - and I LOVE this girl. Now a senior in high school, she's been around YL for a couple of years now, but now our friendship is at the place of mutuality. She's eager to love and to learn and be challenged, and she rises to the occasion every time (which makes me ask...do I do the same? Am I eager to love? Am I open to learning and being challenged? I love that about her, and desire to do and be the same in my own life). Anyhoo, this particular day, she and I had a date to hang out:

"Hey Keisa, what do you want to do?"

"Oh, I don't know, Cara, whatever..." (Oh, she's so polite!)

"Well, do you want to run an errand with me? We could go grocery shopping, or - this is pretty random - we could go register for my friend for her wedding."

"Yeah, whatever, Cara. Whatever you want to do."

"No, choose!"

"Okay, let's go grocery shopping."

"Good choice! But I think I just changed my mind...we're gonna go register!" (Way to go, Cara - way to throw "choices" out there, encouraging her to voice her opinion, and then take it right back. Me, me, me!)

So that we did: we went on over to Macy's and registered for a bride-to-be who didn't quite have the time to register. Since all we had to do was basically get a 100 things on the registry, it didn't matter that Keisa didn't know an ounce about Jenn's style - so we just went to town!

Ba-bam. I love this girl.

Oh, the beloved dog. Today I dedicate some 5-7-5's to you:

Mr. Darcy dog
You sure do like the dog park
And your neighbor Mark.

Short term memory
is what your auntie calls you
Little crazy - you!

You're black and you're white
Just like mama and papa
And Michael Jackson.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

And what picture posting wouldn't be complete without a lovable shot of the hubs and me back in December getting our first Christmas tree? Lovely blue skies. Lovely Mr. Meredith. Lovely life.

1 comments:

kesa said...

I love this Cara,
Thank you so much!! Love you too!!