living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Did you know?


...that in first class they don't serve plastic.

A kind, older gentleman waits on you and calls you ma'am.

They wipe your hands with warm towels if you just can't seem to muster the strength to do it yourself.

They serve you a full meal, with your choice of salmon or ravioli.

Adult beverages are free.

Refills are abundant.

Wine comes not out of a little individual 4 ounce bottle, but out of the real deal big bottle.

You have your choice of ice cream and brownies or cheese and crackers for dessert.

And if your tea isn't hot enough, well then, new tea for you!

The flight attendants walk through every two minutes just to make sure you're comfortable.

And I forgot! They serve you mixed nuts as an appetizer!

And an American Airlines mint just to top off the flight!

---

How do I know this? You must think I flew first class to and from Mississippi.

Not quite.

At all.

Nope.

But I was in the first seat of coach and watched EVERY little movement those blessed 20 passengers received, while I drooled and stared and got green-eyed with envy. And then delightedly rejoiced when the kind, older gentleman brought me leftover mixed nuts and threw a mint my way.

"Someday, someday I'm going to fly first class! It's on my list of things to do before I die! So in the meantime, do you think I could have a free upgrade? I'll be your best friend..." (wink, wink, nod nod - james is asleep anyway).

"What? Do you think this is Delta or somethin'?"

I am silenced.

Buh-bye.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

One of my good friends and I have vowed to take a trip to Italy flying in first class - definitely a must do at least once, so why not on the way to Europe? :-)

Thanks for stopping by my place in the blog world! If you love indie film, you should check out my favorite posts tab - I went to Sundance this year ;-)

Anonymous said...

you crack me up Cara! seriously you are too funny girl.