living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Monday, February 07, 2011

the recents, the upcomings and making lemonade.


...tomorrow night james and jeannie and patty and I get to meet our blog hero, p-dub, aka: the pioneer woman. She really does have a first name, and that name is Ree. We're basically best friends, although she doesn't quite know it yet.

Did you notice that JAMES is excited to meet p-dub? he's a believer in her food, so don't you think that i talked him into going. This is of his own volition.

...wednesday morning james and I head to the great state of Mississippi for a visit to see his side of the family. I plan to relax, eat southern food, go to a dancin' gospel church, ask lots of questions, laugh, read, have 3 little girls put make-up on me and do my hair and come back with a greater understanding of my husband and his family.

Did I mention that I'm participating in the Biggest Loser competition right now? Somehow I don't think eating lard-greased, butter-filled, deep-fried Mississippian food really goes along with what we're trying to accomplish.

...last night I watched the superbowl. Kindof. I more so watched the commercials and read p-dub's "From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels," but I think I fooled some people.

We did have a cheese-filled baked pasta to commemorate the cheesehead's win - see, I was watching.

After I finished the book.

...this past weekend we took 40 kids and leaders up to Young Life's Mountain Lodge in Soda Springs, CA - in Tahoe national. What a GREAT weekend. Such an encouragement...such a cool, cool thing to look back on the past 3 1/2 years and see what God's done. I believe it and I receive it.



The above pic was taken during YL's Winter Formal on Saturday night. This is my date, Alan - don't tell the hubs. He might get jealous. [Side note to Winter Formal: we intentioned that it would be a time of appetizers and pictures, but then the lasagna was an hour behind schedule due to a broken oven so a real live Winter Formal dance party ensued. Just makin' lemonade.]

I'd also like to point out that some kids really did think I paid money for that dress.

From Nordstrom.

Now I know you can't see it, but I would never pay money for a light pink anything. Ew.

Magenta? Now that's another story.

....tonite my friend Stephanie and I decided to bond and PAY people money to kick and punch a really heavy thing hanging from the ceiling. Indeed, we went to LA BOXING and attended their Monday night kickboxing class. Almost two hours later, I think my face is still red. And my arms hurt. And my legs. And my abs. But I still want to be her friend, so that's a good sign.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now...now....pink isn't so bad and a bit deeper shade really looks quite sweet on you, Princess!! Have a grand trip and give our regards!!

carina said...

Tell Ree I said hello :) Wish I was joining you!

christina said...

I {heart} the pioneer woman! She has such great recipes as well as fabulous photography wisdom. Have a wonderful time.