living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Friday, March 25, 2011

you. drive. me. crazy.

I remember as a little girl doing the following motions:

pointing to my brother + putting both hands in the air, gripping the invisible steering wheel then in a driving motion + pointing to me + making the ca-razy (!) face.

You. Drive. Me. Crazy.

As James and I just successfully passed the 7th month hump of marriage, it has come to my attention that perhaps there are some imperfections on my part. Just a few.

1. Admittedly, I don't like to make the bed. He likes the bed made. That's been said here before, and hasn't gone away yet.

2. I apparently have a problem wiping down the counters, especially after said baked item requires being rolled in flour. He really likes the counters to be clean. This is problematic, folks.

3. I like the heat off at night because I seem to have an internal temperature gauge of 1 billion degrees. He, like a bear hibernating, likes to be all cocooned up in a hot house with lots of covers. What to do, what to do.

4. We live in a condo, so even though Mr. Darcy gets copious amounts of exercise throughout the day with walks and runs and Chuck-it sessions, he still has to go potty right before bedtime. And that means one of us has to take him. I really like playing paper-rock-scissors to determine the winner. James reasons that there must be a more logical problem-solving solution. Oh boy.

5. James likes to DVR the NCAA basketball tournament for "us" but not Grey's Anatomy. Don't get me started - don't even get me started.

But since the honey is away for the weekend, I find myself missing him already - so I'll stop there in these lamentations. What drives your honey crazy?

Mama’s Losin’ It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say #1 thing: trying to jave/start a serious conversation right when we get in bed to go to sleep! Drives him crazy!

Mine would be lack of information... I need to know. I want to know. ;)

Have a lovely weekend friend!

-Heather (Troxell!)

carina said...

The DVRing of the tournament is driving me bonkers. BONKERS.

Matty said...

If I started a post on what my wife does to drive me crazy, I'd be writing for the next 16 Thursdays. Well, not that bad, but you get the drift.

Michelle said...

Nathan likes to talk when we go to bed,, for me,, that is time to sleep. NOT TALK!

Karen and Gerard said...

Seems like a simple solution to just let him make the bed and wipe off the counters. Why don't you DVR Gray's Anatomy for you?

We did this prompt too: http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-we-make-each-other-crazy-writers.html