living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Friday, April 15, 2011

the up-to's

What have we been up to lately?

...speaking at two different Young Life banquets in our region and loving it. I've also worn the same outfit both times - shhh, don't tell.

...then not sleeping super well because my mind is racing from speaking at said banquets so I then attempt to remember to take my melatonin and have a cup of camomile every night before bed.

but what happens is that my mind turns on super-speed, and I can't slow it down. I'm excited and exhausted and replaying and reviewing my words and motions and actions all at the time, and it's RIDICULOUS that sleep suffers as a result of it! And yet I feel so ALIVE in the midst of it...do any of you have this problem? What do you do? How do you calm down and go to beddy-by?

Because otherwise what happens is that I find myself waking up at 2 in the morning, making another cup of camomile and reading smutty brainless "literature" like this:

I mean, really people, this has to stop! There are SO many better books to be reading in the wee hours of the night than those about Sookie Stackhouse (which I can't even call real literature, so much so that I have to put it in quotes).

So, we are hopin' and a prayin' for some SLEEP for this sleep-deprived lady so that she can at least come up with better blogposts than that of insomnia.

xoxo, cara "I love vampires at 2:12 in the morning" meredith

2 comments:

Emily said...

You are so funny!

erin said...

u r hilarious mrs meredith. also, never be ashamed of vampire fiction, never.