living. loving. laughing.

living.  loving.  laughing.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

1 2 3 4 5

To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what day it is. I'm in that land called Young Life assignment land, where dates and days of the week are lost, and we just end up referring to days as "day 1," "day 2," "day 3," and so on and so forth. I have the privilege of spending four weeks in San Diego county (um, yes, that's a great thing), speaking to middle school kids about this godman, Jesus. So with one week down and under our belts, we're getting ready for the next crew of kids to arrive tomorrow.

And what day is it again?

Though I wish I had better stories to tell from my day off, this I know is true:

1. I just finished 8 hours of Fuller coursework for a spring class, and was EAGER to turn it in one day early. Today's workload included a 6-page book comparison paper and a three-hour test. I write this not for pity, but simply because it's the ONLY thing my brain's been thinking about since 1 o'clock this afternoon!

2. Have I mentioned that I love middle school kids, with all their awkward and preciousness? It's official, I do, I do, and this past week was no exception.

3. Our assign team is AWESOME; for instance, one of my suite-mates, Joey, just came in and brought me hot chocolate. Because he's that nice.

4. James arrives on TUESDAY - yippee!!! He'll be here for two full weeks, and both of us are beyond delighted at our luck. He gets a two-week vacation, and I get him here on camp turf with me. Delighted.

5. I'm especially excited because of the many stories I tell about him, and I know he's going to become a superstar to the little 5-foot buggers. Stoked about that.

And that, my friends, is a night in the life of one such Mrs. Meredith.

Until next time, blogger-land.

0 comments: